Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dreams do come true.


the love









































































      Our wedding was exactly how we pictured it. It was perfect in every way! Honestly, we couldn't have been any happier about how the whole day turned out. 

      Lyle and I both grew up in the same home town and wanted a very intimate outdoor wedding. I actually came across an engagement shoot Danielle Capito photographed at Bishop's Peak in San Luis Obispo, CA and knew that's exactly where I wanted to marry the man of my dreams. It was that simple. We fell in love with the rustic simplicity and wide open fields of the location and how romantic it felt. The views of the mountains were breathtaking and the ambience of the entire setting was simply perfect for the style we wanted. 

      Since we were doing such a small intimate wedding I was a little worried about finding a photographer that would want to shoot such event. Being a photographer myself, I had a specific style that I wanted and budget that I had to work with, so finding Danielle Capito Photography was sincerely a blessing. Her style of photography was exactly what we were looking for. I absolutely love every picture and can't stop looking at them. 

      We really wanted our wedding day to be simple, clean, classy and have a romantic sweet feel while still keeping it very casual. Were all about keeping things comfortable but still having that classy romantic feel was our goal. 

      Our bouquets and boutonnieres were a family effort. I got the lavender from Gray's Lavender Farm and as for the boutonnieres I got the idea from Once Wed to use foliage picked around the flowers we had in kitchen. I wanted a very herbal, natural look to the flowers and I couldn't be happier about how they turned out. 

      My dress was exactly what I wanted. For my dress, again, I knew I wanted something classy and simple—I have never been much for over-the-top wedding dresses; ruffles just aren’t my thing. I wanted to find a dress that people would look at me and say, “that's so her,” and that’s exactly the kind of dress I found! It was the first dress I fell in love with while looking on David Bridal. It soon became the standard to which all others were compared. I was a little worried though about purchasing it because it was an online purchase only, but the second I pulled it out of the box, I truly fell in love. It fit perfectly and I felt beautiful in it. It was exactly what I was hoping for, and it worked so well with the setting and the style we wanted.  [dress from David's Bridal]

       We went with soft neutral colors for the wedding to give it that romantic rustic feel. We knew that we wanted Lyle in a tan suit that he purchased from Men's Warehouse and the groomsmen in kayak with simple white button down to remain the causal but classy look. My bridesmaids wore soft pastel colored dresses of their choice, purchasing from [Norstram's, Lulu Luxe, and Target] to keep that romantic feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment