Tuesday, October 9, 2012

the honeymoon


Paris, France



Let me tell you a little about my wonderful husband. Our honeymoon was a dream. It was above and beyond than I ever excepted. Lyle planned the entire trip; he was my interpreter, driver, second pair of hands (while I shopped) and even chief. Every day was a total surprise, he made me gasp, cry, and smile bigger than I ever have. Everyday was an adventure that we will always remember. It was perfect. He is everything I could have asked for and then some. He has this incredible way of making me feel like the only girl in the world...and meanwhile, every girl in the room is drooling over him. He loves me. Unconditionally. It is so incredibly humbling to trust someone with your life and whole heart, with every fault, secrets and insecurities. He is the most amazing man I know. He makes me a better person. When I’m with him it feels like we are the only two people in the world. His incredible smile and rockin body makes me weak at the knees. He puts all of his needs aside for me. He always had a way of putting other people before himself and of making people feel like they were worth the world. He is extremely driven and determined. Life is so much better than a fairy tale; and I couldn't be any happier.

Lyle is mine for always and marriage is a lot of teamwork. At times it will be hard and require a lot of patience and compromise but it will also be totally worth it, and it is worth all the hard work to have your best friend to laugh with, cry with to spend and endure the rest of your life with. I love the peace and comfort of knowing there is always someone with listening ears, someone to talk to, and someone who truly cares.  It’s more than encouraging knowing that you’re not in it alone and that you have the world’s best teammate.  No matter how dark your days may seem, or how inadequate you may feel, there will always be someone who loves you and is completely more than capable of making you feel like a million bucks. I fell, and I am still falling head over heels. I am never letting go.  

Ok enough mushy love stuff, I can't help not sharing my love for him! :) Enjoy our trip through our eyes. 

Day one: Sunday

We arrived in Paris at about 1:00 PM and headed straight to our hotel and well after a 16 hour flight the first thing we did in paris was take a nap for a few hours and then hit the city! 














the first place we ate at, the first place we got ripped off, and the last time we EVER got ripped off. 

Day two: Monday

Lyle's first of many surprises was a 4 hour walking tour of the city with a persian. It was so much fun and interesting. We learned so much history of the city and saw things we as tourist would have ever seen, discovered our favorite boulangerie, and found free water.  

waking up to this made me smile







Favorite boulangerie






smallest street in Paris

Amazing tart! Bought a few :)





Day three: Tuesday

Ok how sweet and amazing is this. Lyle knowing my love and passion for photography surprised me with a private 4 hr tour with a paris photographer, teaching and taking us to some amazing place in paris that we would have never found. I seriously was in tears of how thoughtful it was! He seriously is the best husband ever.

only some of our shoots from the day. 














One of my favorite's from the day. Water reflection of buildings behind me

best caprese salad

:) 




The cocount marshmallows were a hit :)



Day four: Wednesday

I WAS SO EXCITED! Lyle rented a vespa for the last 3 days of our trip and let me just tell you, it was a adventure to say the least. It was the one thing I wanted to do it Paris and thought we would only have it for a hour or so but no, for 3 days! It was a blast. So on top of surprising me with a vespa for 3 days he planned a whole day filled with a picnic at the amazing Versailles. The day absolutely perfect! I can say for both of us that it was our favorite day! :) 


















Day five: Thursday

Museum day finally. So you think when you're in Paris that you will spend most of your time inside museums but that was not the case. Not that we didn't want to, almost every day that we tried they were close. In August a lot is closed and only open on certain days. Nevertheless, we finally made it to the Louvre. Got some great shots of pieces in the museums after being yelled at times HA















Day Six: Friday

Last day in Paris was filled with last minute things we wanted to see. A few amazing parks and gardens, visiting our favorite spots one last time and amazing dinner at FL family owned restaurant!  It finally set in that we were actually in Paris knowing we had to leave the beautiful city the next morning! It was all a dream come true. 



                  



the rest is history in the making. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment